Re: California on fire

Jeff B

Ooooooooh niiiiiiiiiiice!

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 7:56 PM Glenn <public@...> wrote:

I hope my fellow Californians will forgive the topic title—we've had too many fires lately. But this picture does remind me of a long streak of fire in the sky. I've always wanted to image this one. I used my new ASI294MM Pro camera, Starizona Apex ED L reducer, and Astrodon 5 nm filters. My trusty Mach1 performed flawlessly night after night, as it always does. I chose the HSO color palette rather than my usual SHO because the resulting colors enhance the flame-like appearance of the nebula.

The picture and image details can be found on AstroBin.

Kind regards,

Glenn Diekmann
Southern California