From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Blahovici
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2021 3:07 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Find my CP4!!! How annoying!

The first 4 are not the case. DHCP did assign an IP address. The Fifth, broadcasts, might be the case. It's a new
router but I would think it would enable broadcasts by default.
Tom
On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 12:51 PM, Ray Gralak wrote:

Hi Tom,

APCC broadcasts a message to your entire LAN so some reasons why the CP4 would not have
responded are:

1. The CP4 wasn't powered on.
2. The CP4 or computer were not connected to the same LAN subnet.
3. The CP4 was configured incorrectly for the LAN (e.g. a static IP inconsistent with the router's subnet).
4. The router hadn't provided an IP address to the CP4 via DHCP.
5. The router blocked the broadcasts.

In cases where you can't figure out the problem, it might be worthwhile to have an alternate way to
connect (i.e., serial or USB cable).

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

Yes I found that option except it did not work at all. No mounts show up.
In fact my router does not even show that the CP4 is on line or off line. It does however assign an
IP address.
The router is as state of the art as can be, a WiFi 6 router. I am using a cabled connection from the
CP4, not
WiFi.
There is one other device on my Net that does not show up. An aquarium controller.

[...]

The first 4 are not the case. The fifth though might be. I'll need to investigate.