Re: Simple Mobile APP for control of mount

Bob

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 09:38 AM, Mike Dodd wrote:
On 1/27/2021 8:20 PM, astro@... wrote:
... I do
hope to ultimately use the 1100 remotely.

Some details are on my website here:
<http://astronomy.mdodd.com/observatory.html#Remote>

(I almost never have to brave the cold to collect images. :-)

HTH.

--- Mike
Apologies Mike, I meant to reply to you before now. I looked at your website, and all I can say is WOW. Very impressive. I particularly like your use of a microcontroller. I see a lot of use for mc's like the Arduino and sbc's like the Raspberry Pi in remote observing.

Question for you, a little off topic I guess, but if your observatory was not 300 feet from your house but about 80 miles, would you feel confident in its operation? Assuming you had reliable comms between the two naturally.