Re: Mountains and Dragons - IC1805

a really stunning image. Great clarity, detail, and color

Brian

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 4:52 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Astronuts,

Finally got around to processing the heart of the Heart nebula, IC 1805. This was a difficult image for me because of continual thin clouds that prevented getting some of the fainter narrowband data. I managed to shoot 10.5 hours of H-a but only 3.5 hours of OIII and 5.5 hours of SII. The latter two took a lot of noise reduction to bring in. Fortunately the main detail is in H-a, so I used that for a small amount of Luminance. Most of the frames were imaged unguided, the other half was guided.

160EDF with 155 EDF piggyback on the Mach2 mount, QSI 683WSG camera, Lodestar guide camera.

BrianĀ

Brian Valente