Re: Simple Mobile APP for control of mount

Ray Gralak

Probably more a case of features I don't want. Essentially I would like an app that mimics the functionality of the
keypad. I don't want the planetarium bits. And before anyone says it, I know I could simply purchase the
hardware, but there are distinct advantages in an app being able to achieve this imho.
Then don't use the features you don't care about in the planetarium app. And BTW, the keypad has features the AP V2 ASCOM driver does not have, like an object catalog. Luminos and Sky Safari have extensive catalogs and telescope control:

https://wobbleworks.com/luminos/

https://skysafariastronomy.com/

Another option would be to use a remote desktop app on your mobile device to connect to a cheap laptop, which you would connect to your mount.

On the laptop, you could run any ASCOM client software, like the AP Jog Utility, which would bring up the AP V2 ASCOM driver. You could then access the AP V2 driver features from your mobile device.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro