Re: Simple Mobile APP for control of mount

Bob

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 11:45 PM, Ray Gralak wrote:
I was hoping to stay away from the planetarium type apps. What I was really looking for was a mobile app
version of the Astro-Physics ASCOM V2 Driver. By that I mean the gui front end for Android or iPad.
Can you explain what features you are expecting?
Probably more a case of features I don't want. Essentially I would like an app that mimics the functionality of the keypad. I don't want the planetarium bits. And before anyone says it, I know I could simply purchase the hardware, but there are distinct advantages in an app being able to achieve this imho.

And not having seen a planetarium app connected to an advanced mount I don't know whether this feature is standard or not. Even if it was, planetarium apps don't do anything for me.

Thanks