Re: Simple Mobile APP for control of mount

Woody Schlom

SkySafari Plus or SkySafari Pro works great via WiFi on either iOS or Android devices with the proper serial to WiFi device at the mount (such as SkyFi-III).  Android devices can also use Bluetooth serial to Bluetooth devices (such as the RN-270 serial to Bluetooth device).

But neither version of SkySafari supports guiding if you need guiding.

If you get a new AP-1100 with the CP4 controller that has built-in WiFi, then you “probably” don’t need the additional serial to WiFi device, but I’m guessing there as I don’t have a CP4 controller.  I’m still using the CP3.

Woody

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of astro@...
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 1:01 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Simple Mobile APP for control of mount

Hi all

Looking forward to being a proud new owner (fingers crossed) of an 1100, and so will have a few queries between now and the impending birth.

First off, I have been looking over the Control Options diagram on the website. I am hoping there is a simple mobile app (not star chart or planetarium) that can be used to control the mount via wifi. In the diagram I see something that says ACP on iPad in the Ascom section. I am assuming that is what I am after, but for the life of me cannot find it in the Apple Store.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bob
115E 32S

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.