From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Eduardo Oliveira
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2021 3:32 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Daylight saving time/Inaccurate GOTO's

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue with my Mach1GTO mount that I suspect is caused
by an incorrect configuration of time zone offset due to daylight
saving time. The problem I am getting is a very inaccurate GOTO and a
counterweight pointing upwards upon parking (I always park to Park 4
position). I am running APCC Standard version 1.8.8.14. When I look at
the option "Manage Sites" I get a Time offset of -2.0, when the
correct would be -3.0. The time zone is correctly configured
(Brasilia, UTC -3), however we are not under daylight saving time this
year in Brazil (exceptionally) and I think this is causing some issue
with the way the mount is behaving. I can see that APCC is applying
daylight saving time as "TRUE" so that the offset it is sending to the
mount is UTC-2.0 instead of UTC-3.0, however since we are not under
daylight saving time this year in Brazil this may be causing some
confusion?....This has not happened last year when we were under
daylight saving time. Can someone help?

Regards,

E. Oliveira