Re: Ap1200 / TheSkyX jog runaway

Roland Christen

Jog buttons work like this: Press on the E button and the software sends a MoveEast command. As long as you hold the button down, no other command is sent and there is no traffic between the software and the mount. When you let go of the button, the software in SkyX is supposed to send a STOP command. If that command is not sent for some reason, the mount will continue to move. If you are holding the button down and you yank the USB connection to the mount, there is nothing to tell the mount to stop moving, and it will continue on its path.

If you use APCC buttons instead of SkyX, they will work in a fail-safe manner.

From: Allen Gilchrist via groups.io <gilchrist.allen@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jan 23, 2021 3:02 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Ap1200 / TheSkyX jog runaway

This is interesting.  Apparently this issue is not new, nor is it completely resolved.  I experienced the same thing last night.  I'm using the latest TSX Imaging Edition, and tried to use a jog command to center a star on my CCD chip.  The mount ran off to the west.  Interestingly, the motion buttons in the autoguider window and the move buttons in the telescope window of TSX work just fine.  I'm in contact with Software Bisque.