From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luca Marinelli
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 5:24 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach2 tracking below custom horizon

Hi Ray,

In light of this, is it a better option to choose “Bounce back and stop tracking” in APCC rather than “Stops
Tracking” when the limit is reached so the mount is never in “forbidden” territory even if the application turns
tracking on again?

Thank you,

Luca

On Jan 21, 2021, at 7:58 PM, Ray Gralak via groups.io <groups3=gralak.com@groups.io> wrote:

the Western horizon), shouldn't APCC not allow that command to take place? What's the point of horizon
limits in
APCC if any application can tell the mount not to abide by them?
Tracking must be enabled (an ASCOM "rule") to allow certain actions, including to slew the mount out of
horizon limits.

APCC cannot pre-determine what the client application will do when enabling tracking, so it must allow it.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro