From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luca Marinelli
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 2:04 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach2 tracking below custom horizon

I'll run the test Dale suggests but I ask a more fundamental question. A big reason why I use APCC instead of
just the AP ASCOM driver is to provide a layer of safety in the operation of the mount to prevent pier crashes. If a
third party application issues a command that is unreasonable (for example, start tracking when the OTA is below
the Western horizon), shouldn't APCC not allow that command to take place? What's the point of horizon limits in
APCC if any application can tell the mount not to abide by them?

Best,

Luca