Re: OT Groups.io Un-Read Subject Font Color

Dale Ghent

There's a way to get Chrome to display certain sites in High Contrast mode, although it's not straight-forward to enable. This might help you with colors, which I don't think are under a mailing list owner's control on Groups.io.

I just tried it on groups.io and it does seem to work, and might be a solution for you on this and other sites. Instructions are here:

https://news.softpedia.com/news/how-google-chrome-will-handle-high-contrast-mode-going-forward-527829.shtml

Note it involves enabling a flag in Chrome and then downloading the High Contrast extension here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/high-contrast/djcfdncoelnlbldjfhinnjlhdjlikmph

/dale

On Jan 21, 2021, at 09:52, jimmyjujames <jimmy_an@comcast.net> wrote:

Hello Karen

I use Chrome as my web browser these days

The default groups.io un-read subject font color is a light-blue
The read subject font color changes to black.

My old eyes do not easily differentiate light-blue from black at the small default font size.

My work-around is to increase font size to 150% with Control-plus.

I've looked in groups.io-Subscription and Chrome-Settings for color preferences.
Hopefully I missed it somewhere but,

Increasing font size to 150% with Control-plus is not a problem.
Groups.io remembers my last font size change so I only need to increase font size (Control-Plus) to 150% once.

Thanks
Jimmy
33.6N,88.6W
6 sentences (63 words) follow.
The amount and intensity of sunlight a human receives determines their skin pigment.
The closer to the equator the darker your skin pigment.
The further away from the equator the lighter your skin pigment.
The color of your skin tells where your ancestors lived on Earth 20,000 years ago.
It's just a skin pigment nothing deeper.
Wisdom comes to those who seek it.