Re: High RMS values with PHD2

Hi Peter

It looks to me like maybe your mount was slipping in alt? there appeared to be substantial polar misalignment in your setup

looking at your "before runs" that were working, you can see most of the corrections are in one direction ie polar alignment is off:
pier side east
image.png
pier side west
image.png
then your guidestar degraded and was lost

Also during your many attempts at calibration, DEC did not appear to be responsive, maybe a bad cable there?

even after a successful recalibration, your PA looked still substantially off. in the second guidelog things seemed better

you might do a guiding assistant run after your calibration and measure polar alignment, as well as get other recommendations for your guiding settings? you only need 2-3 minutes for that.

Brian

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 10:25 AM Peter Bresler via groups.io <PABresler=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
https://openphdguiding.org/logs/dl/PHD2_logs_wkhU.zip

Here is the link for the log. I see you also post on PHD. To tell you the truth, I had to mark notifications from that forum as spam, because they were coming through constantly, and I was unable to reset the notification.

In any case somehow I got things back to normal last night, but I am not sure what caused the problem, and what fixed it.

--
Brian

Brian Valente