Re: APPM ActiveX Failed to connect #APCC

Dale Ghent

This same situation was answered here earlier this week.  You must start TheSkyX as Administrator once so that it can register its ActiveX components with Windows, then it will work running as non-Administrator afterwards.

On Jan 18, 2021, at 11:08, Claude Benoit via groups.io <Isphotoman@...> wrote:

I'm trying out TheSkyXPro, when I try to connect the camera in APPM I get: Failed to connect to camera: Cannot create ActiveX component.

I opened the Win10 Services app and started ActiveX Installer manually and changed Properties to Automatic. The Services app says the status is Running.

Not sure what to do here to solve this issue. I can use MaximDL 6.2 just fine but I'd like this to work so I can try it out.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for help, if not please redirect me.

Thanks
Claude Benoit