Re: RAPAS Polar Alignment App No Longer Available in Apple App Store

Jeffc

> I have been running the A-P Polar Align version 1.1.62 since I first got my mount and RAPAS in 2018.
> Will it continue to work as long as I have this phone, or will there be some point in time at which the app will no longer open from my phone ?

It will (should) continue to work.
In fact.. if for some reason you deleted it from your iphone, or got a new iphone, you will still be able to download the app since you purchased the app already.
For future reference:  to re-download the app :
1. Launch the App Store ,
2. Tap on your account icon on the upper right,
3. Tap on "Purchased".
4. Then type astro-physics in the search box.
5. It should show you purchased the app: There will be an "open" button if the app is installed on the device,  or a "download" icon if not installed.

As for the future... it could turn out there are changes to future versions ios which will require apps to be updated to run on that version.
Usually apple gives a bit of advance notice of these things.  (IIRC recently this happened with ios-13.)

-jeff