Re: RAPAS Polar Alignment App No Longer Available in Apple App Store

Jeffc

I have been using the AP Polar Align for years and it works great.
A few years ago I downloaded Polar Scope Align (PSA) (free version) for the skywatcher star adventure pro (for a hawaii trip).
I did not realize PSA also handles the RAPAS, but there it was in settings!

I just downloaded the "pro" version.. imo well worth the $3.
Best of all (I think) PSA Pro has a "daytime polar alignment" where it uses the smartphone accelerometer / gps / compass for rough alignment Az and Alt.
It is probably not very precise, but I suspect better than what I've been getting with a compass and level !
I'm looking forward to using it for the summer public programs for finding the planets before sunset....  I polar align during the daytime and use resume-from-park to be able to do a goto to Jupiter and/or Saturn.
PSA Pro looks like it will make the task much much simpler (and probably more foolproof).

-jeff

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 11:01 AM Don Anderson via groups.io <jockey_ca=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
Kent
I still have it on my older Ipad and it still works.

Don Anderson

On Saturday, January 16, 2021, 11:58:47 a.m. MST, Kent Kirkley via groups.io <kgkirkley=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I assume if we have Astro Physics PolarAlign AP 2.7 we can continue to use it?
Kent Kirkley