Re: Guiding on my plate again - NEED TO IMPROVE

Ron i appreciate your enthusiasm, but alpha software that evolves every week is not what works for me

I have a very remote obs and it needs to be 100% reliable (or as close to it as i can).

I don't really have time or inclination to work with alpha software that is changing constantly, and presumably having bugs fixed

So i would say stability is a feature that is currently lacking in NINA alpha releases

Brian

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 7:20 AM Ron Kramer <ronkramer1957@...> wrote:
If you have not tried the current alpha #36 then you have not tired it.  It improves greatly each week.  The new sequencer with LIVE editing, while it's running and drag and drop interface, is 2nd to none.
SGP is linear - you must do things SGPS way... NINA is completely free form. do what you want when ever you want.  Sequence is running and you can to jump to another target - make a couple quick easy changes while the sequence is running and target changed... edit exposure or gain during the sequence. Add or change the filter or add 1-2 more targets while it's running the current sequence. No problem.
If you are still with SGP - there is no way you have tried the current NINA nightly version.   This would be an impossibility.
Over 1000 members in the NINA FB group since I started it and most are coming from SGP. As to support...

I suggested custom horizons?   2 months later - they were provided.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 9:22 AM Ron Kramer via groups.io <ronkramer1957=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I shall wait for the new release!

Brian

Brian Valente