Re: Guiding on my plate again - NEED TO IMPROVE

Dale Ghent

I'm sure the NINA team appreciates the shout-out but I think app proselytizing is for a different venue. If SGPro works for Brian and his needs don't go beyond its capabilities, then there's no fault at all in sticking with that. The merits and demerits of any app are largely subjective (with allowances for apps that do things such as set your printer on fire. That would clearly be an objectively negative assessment).

On Jan 15, 2021, at 10:20, Ron Kramer <ronkramer1957@gmail.com> wrote:

If you have not tried the current alpha #36 then you have not tired it. It improves greatly each week. The new sequencer with LIVE editing, while it's running and drag and drop interface, is 2nd to none.
SGP is linear - you must do things SGPS way... NINA is completely free form. do what you want when ever you want. Sequence is running and you can to jump to another target - make a couple quick easy changes while the sequence is running and target changed... edit exposure or gain during the sequence. Add or change the filter or add 1-2 more targets while it's running the current sequence. No problem.
If you are still with SGP - there is no way you have tried the current NINA nightly version. This would be an impossibility.
Over 1000 members in the NINA FB group since I started it and most are coming from SGP. As to support...

I suggested custom horizons? 2 months later - they were provided.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 9:22 AM Ron Kramer via groups.io <ronkramer1957=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I shall wait for the new release!

--
Ron Kramer