From: Micheal Fields Jr via groups.io <mpfjr@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jan 13, 2021 4:20 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Through the mount USB3.0 on Mach2 trouble unrelated to temp

I just ordered a Pegasus Astro USB hub thingy that you recommended.  I like it anyways so it was a good buy.

I also ordered two short 1 foot USB 3.0 A to B cables and will be able to go from the output on the mount to that hub by a 1 foot cable.  And my little computer will go from itself to the bottom of the mount by the shortest cable I can find.  I have a 2 foot USB Type C to USB 3.0 Type A cable and my PC has a USB Type C output. I have noticed things actually work much better if I use that output instead.  unfortunately other than charging cables for phones I can't find a short one.

Regarding cable wrapped around the shaft, what can I as an end user do about that?

But lets wait then and see if going with super short cables and putting the Pegasus hub under the saddle plate(or on top if there is room) will fix this.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 01:11 PM, Roland Christen wrote:
One thing that may be happening with the internal cable is that it is inside the metal shafts and wraps partially around the Dec shaft before exiting out the back. That may distort the waveform enough if the signal is marginal.