Re: Through the mount USB3.0 on Mach2 trouble unrelated to temp

Dominique

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 12:51 PM, Liam Plybon wrote:

o make your setup work, you need to either:

  1. Get shorter cables between the camera, mount and computer
  2. Use an active cable between the computer and mount
  3. Use a powered, USB hub at the base or top of the mount along with shorter cables.
Otherwise, your setup will keep giving you these errors. I promise that this error is not caused by a mechanical issue in the cable, because if there was any kind of problem you wouldn't have been able to recognize the device in the first place. USB 3.0 is too finicky to work on damaged cables.
Thanks Liam,
This explains why it works rather for me.
the Pegasus V2 powerbox at the top of mount and a powered USB3 Hub at the base connected to an active extension cable.
Dominique