Re: Can I transfer a PEMPro PEC curve from a CP3 to CP4?

Hi Patrick

again weighing in without direct experience (although I've done this with other non-ap mounts)

when you re-create the curve from your existing data, you configjre PEMPro for the new CP4 then the new curve you create will be the correct resolution for that controller. CP4 is one of the options for AP

Brian

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 1:56 PM Patrick Spencer <patrick.spencer2@...> wrote:
I think I confused the issue by my inexact choice of terminology. I don't really intend to "transfer" the curve from the CP3 directly to the CP4 per se. I envision doing essentially what Brian suggested earlier, i.e., taking the existing PEMPro data I have stored on my computer and using it to create a curve and send that curve to the CP4. My primary concern was whether the data would be incompatible since it was originally collected using the CP3 ("out of phase" as stated in the CP4 documentation).

So I guess the more clear question would have been: can I use PEMPro data originally collected with a CP3 to make a curve for my new CP4? Or do I need to start from scratch and collect data using the CP4?

The quoted text from Roland from that early 2020 thread seems to indicate I can make a new curve using my existing data. But please don't hesitate to correct me if I'm misunderstanding the responses.

Thanks for all the help everyone, much appreciated!

Patrick

--
Brian

Brian Valente