Re: APCC Pro version update

Ray Gralak

Greg,

As I have said several times before, APCC is a .Net application and thus depends on the .Net Framework. If your system has a problematic version of .Net Framework, there may be a bug that needs to be patched. Other apps that were mentioned, like PHD2, are not .Net framework apps.

It could also be that when you first installed and ran APCC, you did not allow APCC to communicate by canceling the firewall popup message. If you do not allow APCC to communicate, it will be blocked.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://www.astro-physics.com/apcc-pro
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://www.siriusimaging.com/apdriver

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Greg McCall
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 8:02 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC Pro version update

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 07:11 AM, Ray Gralak wrote:

Which again implies that something is blocking APCC on your computer. There's no difference in APCC's
code between your computer and others that work.

While I agree something is blocking APCC's code and no difference between APCC on each computer
(assuming the same version), APCC must be doing something different to other applications because it behaves
differently on the same computer that has applications that access some version data.

The question is what difference and how were those applications able to be installed or access some OS code to
enable them to reach some external site without an issue?
(or do other applications also have issues?)

I also have other apps that can get version data on two computers that all work except on one of my computers,
APCC doesn't work.

I wonder what the difference is and how to get around it as I set up both computers and keep them both updated
to the same level although they are both different brands of computer and thus, have underlying differences in
the OS configuration. When I get some more time I'll try and poke around more but not being a programmer and
using tools like wireshark way too many years ago, I'm not liking my chances in working it out soon.

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.