Re: USB and cold weather

Micheal Fields Jr

Edited

Hi Roland.  I just did a ton of experimenting.  Xentex was right.  If I simply plug into a usb 2 port the problems go away.  Also if I bypass the mount entirely even with a 6 foot long cable, the problems go away.  It is only if I go through the mount with USB 3.0 do I have issues.    The Pegasus USB box is nice.  Probably worth having anyways but it is also an expensive "test".   I just bought a 3.3 foot female to female cable USB 3.0 to simulate going through the mount so I can see if it is simply having those extra connections or something else.

$10.00 with free shipping from Amazon will let me know.  Lets say it turns out that it works great with that "pretend" through the mount female to female cable.  What is my next step? By process of elimination it seems so far that the internal cable is not up to 3.0 standards.  I am waiting to hear back from my second favorite vendor to see if they have the usb control hub in stock then I'll probably go ahead and order it anyways.  Nice being able to turn off and on usb ports.

Edit: I was recording some of my experimenting.  Here is a link to a unedited video if any of you people are bored enough to watch.  At about 7:50 I bypass the mount and everything works great.  At the end I used Xentex idea and swapped to a usb 2.0 port and everything works that way too.  https://youtu.be/AOXtrYJypmA