Re: APCC Pro version update

Steve Reilly

I'm in the group of no updates being reported but I also don't get anything for what the latest version is. Seems this started back some months ago when I 1st saw there was an update posted here but not showing up on my then version which I couldn't tell you what that was and was given a direct link. Hasn't worked for updates since. I simply just looked for announcements here and downloaded as they came but didn't see several as there are surprises now when I do see them and I'm several updates back.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ray Gralak
Sent: Friday, January 8, 2021 12:19 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC Pro version update

Hi David,

I am still a little confused. I disabled virus protection and disable
the firewall on my Windows 10 computer, rebooted the computer,
downloaded the “latest” version of APCC Pro and the ASCOM drivers, and reinstalled everything. When I open APCC Pro it shows version 1.8.8.9 dated 12/23/2020. Is this the latest version?
You might want to make sure that you have updated Windows and any optional or required updates to the .Net Framework.

Also, there have been issues reported in Windows concerning applications still being blocked with the firewall disabled. You may have to research to figure out why your specific computer is affected.

For example:

https://windowsreport.com/firewall-disabled-still-blocking/

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

I am still a little confused. I disabled virus protection and disable
the firewall on my Windows 10 computer, rebooted the computer,
downloaded the “latest” version of APCC Pro and the ASCOM drivers, and reinstalled everything. When I open APCC Pro it shows version 1.8.8.9 dated 12/23/2020. Is this the latest version?

Regards,

David C. Finch