Re: Very frustrated with my model. Errors seem very large. #Mach2GTO #Polar_Alignment

Joseph Beyer

Thanks for the additional information.  I'm portable so set up most every session. I have paver stones marked for the tripod points and the mount/tripod location marked with tape so I can use the same rotational center even after a new setup.  Polar alignment takes just a couple minutes for me with PoleMaster/PoleMaster software.  The pointing precision on the go-tos after alignment never fails to amaze me.  It's always worth try with Sharpcap.  Maybe I'll give it a go when I'm out testing new parts and pieces rather than imaging.