Re: Very frustrated with my model. Errors seem very large. #Mach2GTO #Polar_Alignment

Peter Nagy

Speed isn't an issue because the time difference between both software is not much but with experience, I would say SharpCap Pro might be faster. First time using the software would be longer because you need to use the right gain and offset and other settings which is a one time adjustment and it remembers all settings from then on. You also need to wait till about 30 to 45 minutes before total darkness to be able to see enough stars to get accurate polar alignment. I never timed it myself but I would say up to 5 minutes to get polar aligned with SharpCap Pro.

Peter