From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Micheal Fields Jr via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2021 9:07 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Very frustrated with my model. Errors seem very large. #Mach2GTO #Polar_Alignment

Yes Ray, I am using APCC. Can I use something else to model? Your question seems to imply I can? If so, can
you or someone else please explain that process? Or do you mean use the hand controller to manually align?

I am nearly 100% positive I have the latest ascom SP1. Not only do I keep it up to date but I also did a "check for
updates" from the ascom folder and it reported no new updates available. What I can try is to uninstall it clean
and do a fresh install. I keep a portable hard drive with all the latest revisions of all my drivers and software but
when I am too lazy to find it I typically just do a re-download. I also captured some video of these issues but it is
hours long and needs to be edited down to something worth a watch. Was up until 4am fighting with this so the 4
hours of sleep I am on now means I may not get anything accomplished today.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 07:29 AM, Ray Gralak wrote:

Hi Michael,

Although you don't specifically mention APCC, I assume that is what you are using for a model?

If so, the behavior you are describing sounds like you may be running the ASCOM Platform 6.5 with the
"Transform" bug. APPM and APCC use the ASCOM Transform class to convert plate-solved J2000 coordinates
to the current epoch. The severe bug in this version of ASCOM makes the Transform class un-reusable, so all
follow-up J2000 transformations return the same RA,Dec coordinate pair as the first, and thus results a bad
model.

I suggest you download and install ASCOM Platform 6.5 SP1 from the ASCOM web site. Unfortunately
you will have to use APPM to collect data points again.

https://www.ascom-standards.org

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro