Re: safe way to load the OTA on the MACH2

Jeff B

Of more concern to me is tipping the tripod over.

On Fri, Jan 1, 2021 at 12:05 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Do you think the DEc friction will manage that unbalance for the time required to lock the rings?
No problem holding large unbalance. You can tighten the clutch knobs very hard with an Allen wrench.

Roland

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Lucchetti <andlucchett@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Jan 1, 2021 6:03 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] safe way to load the OTA on the MACH2

Thank you,
in my case three things worries me:
-my latitude is 42 deg, but that it shouldn't be a problem
-my rings are not very quick to lock: I have to put on the half ring and tighten the screws
-the scope will be unbalanced in DEC without the imaging trainĀ  and guide scope

Do you think the DEc friction will manage that unbalance for the time required to lock the rings?
or is this going to stress the mount too much?
I think I can find a balance point for this unloaded configuration, load the OTA in this configuration and slide the OTA back during final balance (it is a newton).

Thank you,
Andrea