Re: Windows 10? (Was: Lost communications with mount)

Mike Dodd

On 12/31/2020 1:32 PM, Worsel via groups.io wrote:

MS has given the user more, but not complete control, over updates.
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-control-updates-in-windows-10/
Thank you, Bryan. That article is very encouraging. Nice to be able to disable updates during hours of darkness.

I'm a bit concerned about how long to defer updates. Often the observatory PC doesn't run for days at a time. I don't want to turn it on for an imaging session after a week of bright Moon, only to have it start downloading and installing updates.

I have had WIN10 Pro since it first came out. Early on, updates caused
me some grief with astro software, but nothing in the last 2 years.
Good news. Thanks again.

--- Mike