From: Andrea Lucchetti <andlucchett@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Dec 31, 2020 10:04 am
Subject: [ap-gto] safe way to load the OTA on the MACH2

Hello,
I am not new to the hobby but my current OTA makes the set up phase not easy at all.

the diameter is 270mm and weight around 19 kg, and I don't feel confident in loading the telescope by myself on the mount.
I wonder if someone has perfectioned a style for the move. :-)
I use the AP DoveDV10 saddle plate, open the lockers, put the bar flat and on the left, close the lockers.
I load the scope in PARK3 position.
previously I used to slide the telescope from behind ( a TEC 140) but now this seems impossible.

I know it sounds like a joke but I don't like to be dependent on other people for the task.
if you know a trick , please share it.
Thank you
Andrea