Re: safe way to load the OTA on the MACH2

Xentex

Mine's not as heavy as yours, but I find loading much easier on park 2.  With the scope pointing sideways, I get the bottom edge of the D plate into the bottom edge of the saddle, then tilt it back so the plates are fully together, slide it left or right for where I know the balance point is, and then tighten it down.

My scope is mounted on the D plate with rings.  I have a vixen bar on top of rings that I use as a handle, and enough space under the rings that I can get my other hand between the scope tube and the mount plate.