Re: van den Bergh 14 and 15 in Camelopardalis

Steve Reilly

Very nice indeed.

-Steve

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joel Short
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2020 6:32 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] van den Bergh 14 and 15 in Camelopardalis

Hello friends, I thought I'd share my latest image of van den Bergh 14 and 15 in Camelopardalis.  This image was taken with a tandem refractor setup mounted on an AP1100GTO CP4.  I was a little surprised how this one turned out considering it was captured during the smoky skies caused by the western wildfires this past Fall (I'm in norther IN). I'm working in the vdB catalog of reflection nebulae, although there is also a bit of emission in vdB15 as well.  This is 17hrs total exposure.
Also, I'm excited to mount a newly acquired AGO 12.5" iDK on the AP1100 soon!  I might need more counterweights though.
joel

Image and details:  https://buckeyestargazer.net/Pages/Nebulae/vdB15.php