Re: Can significant temperature changes alter the model? #APCC #Mach2GTO

Roland Christen

Yes, temperature has a large effect on the modeling. Ray can comment on that, but I have seen this many times myself.

From: Marcelo Figueroa via groups.io <marfig1970@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Dec 27, 2020 2:12 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Can significant temperature changes alter the model? #APCC #Mach2GTO

It's summer here in the Southern Hemisphere and I'm learning how the modeling works in my Mach2. Two nights ago the temperature at night was high, around 20ºC and in almost all the frames of that night my stars were elongated, when the night before they were perfect. Then yesterday the temperature was 16ºC and the stars were perfectly round again.

My installation is semi-permanent, without any recent changes. I am using 4 minute unguided narrowband exposures and use a Pegasus Pocket Powerbox Advance to get the temperature.

Thanks