Re: Precise polar alignment of the azimuth axis

deonb

Steven, I’ve used Sharpcap in the past and have done so with the Mach2GTO as well but I’ve recently discovered that my Sharpcap and Polemaster alignment disagrees with each other by over 4 minutes.

I trust the polemaster more since with that I can do 10 minute unguided at 2800mm with Polemaster alignment and about 2 minutes with Sharpcap alignment.

Obviously I need to look into ConeSharp as a result - just saying the SharpCap method of doing polar alignment shouldn’t be trusted blindly.