Re: Meridian Flip Feature Yet?

ray.palmer@...

Hi Chris,

I appreciate your feedback, but nope, I am not new to astrophysics mounts. There are many brand mounts out there that have a meridian flip feature. You hit one or two buttons and she flips. Many mount owners, due to their observatory or environment, may only need to flip once the object they are imaging passes the meridian, and AP has developed a mount that can track for many hours past the meridian.

I need to flip due to the angle of my dome slit, neighbors trees, observatory door, etc. On a mount as advanced as an AP, there should be a simplistic function that tells the mount the flip immediately without trying to trick it into thinking it has hit the meridian, this is quite standard on many of the mount brands you mention. It kind of blows me away that this feature has to be sold on here. If you've always had an environment where meridian flips are not required unless hours have passed since hitting the meridian, then I understand your feedback. But for those of us that need to flip the mount before even hitting the meridian, its a different world.

--
Raymond D Palmer
Astronomer