Re: Interesting Mach2 Behavior on Cloudy Nights

Bill Long

Nice setup! I will be sure not to try this.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...>
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2020 4:04 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Interesting Mach2 Behavior on Cloudy Nights

Well, I couldn't resist. Here's a pix of the setup with the caveat of WHAT NOT TO DO!

It's a 155EDF on top of a 160EDF, each has CCD cameras and Quad TCC hand grenades. The two scopes weigh ... I don't really know. The goodie bag on the end of the counterweight shaft holds another 10lb weight because I ran out of shaft length. Total cwt = 3x 14lb plus 5x 10lb plus 1x 5lb. (yes it tracks and slews just fine, but a bit boingy if you bang on it).
I set this up to test the QuadTCC with the 155EDF scope for a customer request, but didn't want to disturb my 160 setup which I am using for a winter imaging project.

Do Not try this at home upon pain of death from Marj!!! (my death mostly) Disappointed