From: Bill Long
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2020 7:56 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Microsoft and the Death Star

Thought I would share this about a week after the article was published.

There is a lot of talk on CN and here, and other places about how people dislike Microsoft or have disdain for Windows, and that is what it is. The old adage is that they are the Evil Empire.

This article puts a good spin on that moniker. They turned their meme Death Star on the largest security breach in history and obliterated their operation.

I did not see a single post here or on CN that gave the company props for that.  I know this isn't exactly AP-GTO related, but their software (mostly Windows) is berated here from time to time, so I thought it would be fair to share a good light, on what I think is a great company these days.

I hope you all are well this holiday season, and I hope the skies bring you some good fortune in the days to come.

Clear Skies!

Bill Long