Re: Interesting Mach2 Behavior on Cloudy Nights

Roland Christen

The most likely explanation is multi-fold. First probably he was out of balance in either or both axes. Second, he may not have the latest software. Some of the previous versions had subtle errors in the loop response that do not normally show up. Third, we can also check that the loop gain settings are correct according to my latest tests for various boundary load conditions.

Right now I have my Mach2 loaded with two 6" refractors, one on top the other, and all the heavy camera gear and counterweights galore, which is in the no-no zone. Just to make sure that these kinds of loads work in a stable and accurate manner (and because I like to do crazy stuff)  Stuck out tongue closed eyes

From: W Hilmo <y.groups@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Dec 24, 2020 12:03 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Interesting Mach2 Behavior on Cloudy Nights

I understand that.

In this case, though, the user is not asking for help.  He’s reached his own conclusion (which is contrary to your guidance for counterweight placement) and posted it.  I don’t happen to agree with his post, and was curious to know if there was a more likely explanation that I could pass on.

I also understand that it might require more information than what’s in the thread over there.

Thanks,
-Wade

On Dec 24, 2020, at 8:20 AM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Well, posting to CN won't fix things. If the poster contacts us, we can patch into his controller, see what version of software he has and the settings, and actually watch it do the tracking. I don't understand why people post problems on CN without first contacting the manufacturer.