Re: More unguided images with the Mach2 and APCC Pro #APCC #Mach2GTO

Bill Long

That is slated to appear in mid Jan 2021.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Don Anderson via groups.io <jockey_ca@...>
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 9:08 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] More unguided images with the Mach2 and APCC Pro #Mach2GTO #APCC

Nice to see such good images being taken with CMOS cameras. They are getting better all the time. Now the mainstream guys not just the Chinese manufactures are starting to produce them. I am pretty much confined to narrowband being in a large light polluted (Bortle 8-9) city. My icx694 based mono camera works well with narrowband. Love the sensitivity of this Sony chip. Would like to get into something with a larger format possibly and imx455 based camera to get a wider field of view using my TV NP127is scope. However that would mean new FW and 2" filters plus the camera. Hard to justify right now. I wonder if Sony will come out with a mono APS C format CMOS sensor.

Don Anderson

On Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 09:16:45 p.m. MST, Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 06:21 PM, Don Anderson wrote:
How do you feel the OSC camera images compare to those of Mono cameras with filters?
I like this particular camera Don.  I have been enjoying using it.  I'll still be using mono cameras for things like narrowband but I think that the color camera works great for star fields and brighter objects.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/