Re: One computer I can create a virtual port. Second computer says I have to buy a license for the activeX control (virtual port) for this computer. #APCC

Bill Long

Very unlikely, but possible.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Micheal Fields Jr via groups.io <mpfjr@...>
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 11:25 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] One computer I can create a virtual port. Second computer says I have to buy a license for the activeX control (virtual port) for this computer. #APCC

Ray,

So today I decided to go ahead and reset my PC. By reset I mean in terms of Windows 10 Reset where it wipes the drive and re-installs from scratch.
I am happy to say that so far everything is working as it should.
One thing I did differently is that there is a Windows 10 feature update/optional that is called [20H2].  I did NOT install that update.   On my other intel based computers that APCC has been working with, this feature update is also not installed.  However I may have had it installed on this PC.  Is this the reason it wasn't working?  Maybe/maybe not.  But it is something to keep in the back of your head in case someone else reports this issue.

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 01:27 PM, Ray Gralak wrote:
The only thing I can think of is that my main PC is a AMD Ryzen system not Intel. The other two systems are Intel
based.
Interesting. I would be surprised if that is the reason, but stranger things have happened.

Just out of curiosity, can you try creating a new Windows user account that has admin privileges and install it from that account?

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro