Re: [ap-ug] Christmas ornament in the sky

Pete Lardizabal

The Perfect Astro Ornament!

🎄

Pete

On Dec 20, 2020, at 1:26 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Hi Astrogeeks,

Just in time for the season, a beautiful bauble hanging high in the sky right now, well within reach of even the smallest scopes. This was my Fall project that took several months to gather all the data for a real deep sky look at this region of hydrogen, oxygen and sulfur clouds. These three elements are the building blocks of life and makes possible our existence here on our blue marble. They were cooked up, of course, inside a star that exploded as a Super Nova (or possibly not, I wasn't there to see it).

https://www.astrobin.com/full/3gkkye/0/

I cropped the Bubble itself into a closeup, double sized it and did some processing using Lucy-Richardson deconvolution in MaximDL to bring out the detail inside the Bubble:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/elwdhu/0/

Merry merry,