Re: Balance helper by amp draw? #Mach2GTO

Bill Long

Bin the camera. Problem solved.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Micheal Fields Jr via groups.io <mpfjr@...>
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 3:34 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Balance helper by amp draw? #Mach2GTO

Thanks Woody!  I actually own PEMPRO from years back and was part of the beta so I have version 3 on a usb drive somewhere.  The issue is my camera, the qhy600, takes huge photos and slow download times so it is frustrating with any of these pieces of software that like to take faster exposures. What I could do, just to be done with it, is to install a camera like my ASI294 for the polar alignment and then switch back to my main camera when I am done.

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 12:19 PM, Woody Schlom wrote:

Micheal,

Makes sense.  And I agree.  For a permanent installation, PEMPro would be sufficient.  And although I don’t know, it might have come bundled with your new mount.  And if not, a CCD Drift PA procedure is free and “should” only be necessary once or twice a year.  Here in So. Cal. we’ve got these things called earth quakes that can mess up permanent PA every now and then.

Have fun!

Woody