Re: Balance helper by amp draw? #Mach2GTO

Bill Long

Bin the camera. Problem solved.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Micheal Fields Jr via groups.io <mpfjr@...>
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 3:34 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Balance helper by amp draw? #Mach2GTO

Thanks Woody!  I actually own PEMPRO from years back and was part of the beta so I have version 3 on a usb drive somewhere.  The issue is my camera, the qhy600, takes huge photos and slow download times so it is frustrating with any of these pieces of software that like to take faster exposures. What I could do, just to be done with it, is to install a camera like my ASI294 for the polar alignment and then switch back to my main camera when I am done.

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 12:19 PM, Woody Schlom wrote:

Micheal,

Makes sense.  And I agree.  For a permanent installation, PEMPro would be sufficient.  And although I don’t know, it might have come bundled with your new mount.  And if not, a CCD Drift PA procedure is free and “should” only be necessary once or twice a year.  Here in So. Cal. we’ve got these things called earth quakes that can mess up permanent PA every now and then.

Have fun!

Woody

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Micheal Fields Jr via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 12:10 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Balance helper by amp draw? #Mach2GTO

@Woody

I am trying not to buy more stuff than I need.  An RAPAS is great but unless someone gives me one I have no intention of spending $500.00 on something I'll only use one time.   

For example I did not buy the hand controller.  The reason I am asking these questions is that I am trying to do this in my back yard just to play around and learn the software before I take it all out and put it up in my observatory 2 hours drive away.   Would be super handy to have a polemaster or RAPAS but it is not something I'll need more than once.

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.