Re: M42 from my future observatory site

Seb@stro

The new 4/3 mono with two different effective pixel sizes is really interesting. I picked up the QHY 284M Pro to check it out.
Hi Bill,

Let us know how it performs, I too am interested in that "Expanded pixel mode".

CS!
Sébastien

De : main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> de la part de Bill Long <bill@...>
Envoyé : 19 décembre 2020 14:54
À : Clement Elechi <celechi@...>; main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Objet : Re: [ap-gto] M42 from my future observatory site

Looks great!

I had nothing but problems with my 6200 mono, but the smaller chip seems to be doing well. 

The new 4/3 mono with two different effective pixel sizes is really interesting. I picked up the QHY 284M Pro to check it out.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Clement Elechi <celechi@...>
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 11:51 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] M42 from my future observatory site

Hello Robert,

Wonderful shot.  Just curious about the subs you threw out because of high humidity.  In what way were they so much worse than the others?

I have been eyeing the ASI12600, so I need to remain on the CFO's good side for a while yetEmoji

Clem

============================

My flickr gallery:

On Saturday, December 19, 2020, 2:37:06 PM EST, Robert Chozick via groups.io <rchozick@...> wrote:

I am buying some property in West Texas and this is my first light.  I have not purchased yet and just went out there with my portable setup one night.  I lost most of my subs as the humidity was 90 percent but I managed to use about  an hours worth.  I did get shorter exposures for the various parts of the nebula.  I will redo this later with 4 or 5 hours of exposure.  I really love my 16 bit CMOS ASI2600.  It is a great camera.

Robert

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.