Re: PEMPro Polar Wizard Question #Polar_Alignment

Ray Gralak

Hi Shailesh,

I am trying to polar align my AP1100 using Pempro's polar wizard. In the step where the wizard tries to determine
north/south/east/west I get no mount movement and the imaging fails, I am using the main camera that is not
connected to the CP4 auto guider port. Is that a requirement? How exactly does the movement occur? My main
camera does not have an ST4 output port.
PEMPro does not require an ST4 output port to move the mount. The movements for this step are usually accomplished by slewing the telescope to new RA/Dec coordinates via the ASCOM driver. You should not enable the checkboxes for "Custom Move Cmds" or "Re-center scope after last image" (see attached screenshot).

That being said, by default PEMPro does not move the mount very much so that it will be easier to identify the same star in each image.

I get no mount movement and the imaging fails
What do you mean by "imaging fails"? No images are displayed? Or, you believe all images are the same?

If it is the latter, did you try clicking the "Full Screen View" button? This will allow you to view each image on the entire computer screen. If you still cannot discern movement, increase the "Move Distance" value, and try again.

If the image is too large, you can bin 2x2 or 3x3 (on step 2). A fine image scale is not essential for polar alignment.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro