Re: One computer I can create a virtual port. Second computer says I have to buy a license for the activeX control (virtual port) for this computer. #APCC

Micheal Fields Jr

Hi Ray,  Yes I have done that about 5 times in the last hour.  I even used geek uninstaller to make sure it found every trace in the registry and removed it so I could do a fresh install but still no joy. But I also realize that it is a device driver so maybe the move is to go into devices, find the device driver, and remove it there. Then re-install everything?

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 07:55 PM, Ray Gralak wrote:
ON the main PC system I have an issue where when I try to create a virtual port it has a pop up saying I need to buy a
license for the virtual port software. $139 for the cheap one.
There is a step in the APCC installer which will install the virtual ports on your computer. If you don't perform that step then you will not get the licensed virtual port components on that computer.

So, try reinstalling APCC Pro and enable the checkbox in the installer to install the virtual ports component.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Micheal Fields Jr via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 7:31 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] One computer I can create a virtual port. Second computer says I have to buy a license for the
activeX control (virtual port) for this computer. #APCC

So I have two computers that I am setting up. My main PC (desktop gaming system) and a little Mini pc. On the little
guy everything seems to work as it should.

ON the main PC system I have an issue where when I try to create a virtual port it has a pop up saying I need to buy a
license for the virtual port software. $139 for the cheap one.

I am trying to test out point mapping on my new Mach2 but haven't been able to yet because of that license
requirement.

I uninstalled everything AP related and did a full re-install and nothing has changed. So while my little PC seems to
be working, I would like to be able to use my main PC while I am at home as it is more comfortable and quick and
easier to work with. (dual monitors and all that).

Anyone know what I am talking about and how to resolve this?