From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Micheal Fields Jr via groups.io <mpfjr@...>
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 3:38 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Balance helper by amp draw? #Mach2GTO

Because I was having issues with ASTAP doing the plate solve with sharpcap which is necessary for it to work.  I tried for over an hour with different settings and it continues to say that it can't solve. The one time I got it to solve I had to expose for 20 seconds and it told me to raise the altitude by quite a bit.  So I ran out there and cranked the knob to raise it up, re-did it. Fought another hour to get it to finally plate solve and then it told me I had barely made any difference.  Not the mount's fault of course but a combination of frustrating combinations of software and cameras.  At that point I gave up and moved on to another idea.

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 01:11 PM, Bill Long wrote:
Sharpcap works wonderfully. Why not just use that? I use that to Polar Align for unguided imaging all the time. The residual error I get reported in APCC Pro after a sky model run proves out how good it is. No need for a Polemaster and no need for a RAPAS.