Re: M42 from my future observatory site

Kent Kirkley

Robert

Out of curiosity, where is the property located?
The fact that you had so much humidity is concerning but
even Ft. Davis can have high humidity.

Kent Kirkley

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Dec 19, 2020 3:08 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] M42 from my future observatory site

Because of the high humidity there was a lot of moisture in the air. Must of the subs had high thin clouds making the brighter portions glow. I left in some that messed up the brightest stars.  If not it would have been only 10 subs. I threw out 20 subs. By the time I stopped the sky was full of moisture  The new land is high bortle 2 with a ranking of 21.99 on the light pollution map. 

Robert 

On Dec 19, 2020, at 1:51 PM, Clement Elechi <celechi@...> wrote:

Hello Robert,

Wonderful shot.  Just curious about the subs you threw out because of high humidity.  In what way were they so much worse than the others?

I have been eyeing the ASI12600, so I need to remain on the CFO's good side for a while yetEmoji

Clem

============================

My flickr gallery:

On Saturday, December 19, 2020, 2:37:06 PM EST, Robert Chozick via groups.io <rchozick@...> wrote:

I am buying some property in West Texas and this is my first light.  I have not purchased yet and just went out there with my portable setup one night.  I lost most of my subs as the humidity was 90 percent but I managed to use about  an hours worth.  I did get shorter exposures for the various parts of the nebula.  I will redo this later with 4 or 5 hours of exposure.  I really love my 16 bit CMOS ASI2600.  It is a great camera.

Robert

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.