Re: Balance helper by amp draw? #Mach2GTO

Woody Schlom

Micheal,

Makes sense.  And I agree.  For a permanent installation, PEMPro would be sufficient.  And although I don’t know, it might have come bundled with your new mount.  And if not, a CCD Drift PA procedure is free and “should” only be necessary once or twice a year.  Here in So. Cal. we’ve got these things called earth quakes that can mess up permanent PA every now and then.

Have fun!

Woody

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Micheal Fields Jr via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 12:10 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Balance helper by amp draw? #Mach2GTO

@Woody

I am trying not to buy more stuff than I need.  An RAPAS is great but unless someone gives me one I have no intention of spending $500.00 on something I'll only use one time.   

For example I did not buy the hand controller.  The reason I am asking these questions is that I am trying to do this in my back yard just to play around and learn the software before I take it all out and put it up in my observatory 2 hours drive away.   Would be super handy to have a polemaster or RAPAS but it is not something I'll need more than once.

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.