Re: M42 from my future observatory site

Clement Elechi

Hello Robert,

Wonderful shot.  Just curious about the subs you threw out because of high humidity.  In what way were they so much worse than the others?

I have been eyeing the ASI12600, so I need to remain on the CFO's good side for a while yetEmoji

Clem

My flickr gallery:

On Saturday, December 19, 2020, 2:37:06 PM EST, Robert Chozick via groups.io <rchozick@...> wrote:

I am buying some property in West Texas and this is my first light.  I have not purchased yet and just went out there with my portable setup one night.  I lost most of my subs as the humidity was 90 percent but I managed to use about  an hours worth.  I did get shorter exposures for the various parts of the nebula.  I will redo this later with 4 or 5 hours of exposure.  I really love my 16 bit CMOS ASI2600.  It is a great camera.

Robert