Re: Setting Daylight Savings Time Using ASCOM V2 Driver

Dale Ghent

On Dec 16, 2020, at 13:59, Wendelin Burkhardt <wendelb@pacbell.net> wrote:

Is there a way to set Daylight savings time or standard time using the ASCOM driver? I know this can be done using the Keypad, but I usually don’t have it connected to the mount. Software that I have written to control the mount has altitude limits in it and I have noticed that since we switched back to standard time the mount thinks the objects are lower in the sky than they actually are.
GMT offsets are automagically handled by the driver/APCC. Your computer having an up to date timezone database is how is the is possible, where maintaining such a thing on the keypad is impractical.

/dlae